811 East Main Street
Marshalltown, Iowa 50158
Linda Havelka, Executive Director
Child Abuse Prevention Services, Inc. is a community-based, not-for-profit organization located in Marshalltown, Iowa whose mission is to prevent child abuse in Marshall County and the surrounding area.
Programs and Services:
- Building Healthy Families--Parents as Teachers: early childhood home visitation program that provides parent education, family support and serves as a link to other community agencies. (Marshall County)
- Refugee Health Connections: Provides refugee families with parent education, family support and access to health care services. (Marshall County)
- Migrant Family Services: Early childhood home visitation program that provides crisis intervention, parent education and family support to migrant families. (Marshall County)
- The Nest: Incentive based program that provides access to needed baby items. (Marshall County)
- Crisis Child Care: Provides short-term childcare for children whose families are experiencing a crisis or emergency situation. (Marshall and Hardin Counties)
- Crisis Intervention Program: Provides an integrated response for prevention of out-of-home placements and formal system involvement. (Marshall and Hardin Counties)
- Care for Kids: Health based sexual abuse prevention program for children preschool through 2nd grade. (Marshall and Tama Counties)
- iMatter Elementary: Health based sexual abuse prevention program for children in 3rd and 4th grades. (Marshall and Tama Counties)
- Stewards of Children: Education program that teaches adults how to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse. (Marshall and Tama Counties)
- Draw the Line/Respect the Line (DTL): Abstinence-based adolescent pregnancy prevention program for 6th – 8th graders. (Marshall and Hardin Counties)
- FLASH (Family Life and Sexual Health): Abstinence based program that is designed to prevent teen pregnancy, STDs and sexual violence. (Marshall and Hardin Counties)
- Information and Referral Services: Providing linkages to other community based services.
- Education and Community Awareness on child abuse and its prevention.
- Marshall and Hardin County Adolescent Sexual Health Coalition - Coordinator
- Marshall County Drug Endangered Children (DEC) Alliance – Coordinator
- Marshall County Child Abuse Mandatory Reporter Training Team – Coordinator