606 Ann Rutledge Road
Marshalltown, Iowa 50158
Al Fagerlund, Director
The Arc of Marshall County is a group of volunteers that provides programs and services for individuals of all ages with intellectual and developmental disabilities to help them reach their full potential. Anyone concerned with these issues is welcome to be a part of our organization.
The Arc helps by:
- Acting as an informational resource for various disabilities, associated programs, and legislative issues.
- Cosponsoring, with Parks & Recreation, a summer day program for school age children through June and July to provide a variety of educational and recreational activities.
- Sponsoring a three day/night summer camp to allow adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities to experience many typical camping activities. (i.e. fishing, swimming, canoeing, etc.)
- Sponsoring a weekly recreational program for adults which includes the following activities throughout the year.
- Bowling-Swimming-Dances-Softball-Gym nights-Bingo-Picnics-Skating-and more!
For information on adult recreation and camp please contact Jacey Stewart at 754-2017.
For information on summer day program please contact Jennifer Hart at 754-5715.